[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Need jbpm database ?

debnathm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 31 09:40:16 EST 2008

Hi

Can we use the jbpm library without using the jbpm database schema ?
In particular, with respect to subprocesses, it was found that a
link needed to be established which tells JBPM to take the subprocess
from a particular subprocess name. If a subprocess with the name
does not exist, it will give an exception while executing the subprocess
node.

>From some test cases of jbpm involving subprocesses, it appears that we
always have to deploy the (main and sub) process definitions before using
a subprocess. Is this true ? Does this imply we have to use the jbpm
database schema for a generic process ?

Is there any alternative way (other than perhaps using the database),
such as an API which tells JBPM, what subprocess definitions to use ?

Thanks,

Debnath

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4125170#4125170

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4125170