[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EJB Local Home in EJB 3.0

kancharla_g do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 31 23:29:28 EST 2008

Hi,
Is JBoss supports LocalHome? I am not able to lookup from the JSF backing bean which is also in the same ear file.

 I have created an Stateful Session Bean as follows

@Stateful
@LocalHome(value=TestUserHome.class)
public class TestUserBean  implements TestUserLocal {
@Init
public void initDefault(){

}
}

My ear package is as follows.
  MyApplication.ear

        |____ entities.jar

        |____ ejb-beans.jar

        |____ webapp.war

        |____ META-INF

                       |____ application.xml

I need to lookup the TestUserHome which is in ejb-beans.jar from my JSF backing bean which is webapp.war. I tried the following ways to lookup none of them successful.

  a) TestUserBean/localhome
  b) TestUserBean/home
  c) ejb-beans.jar#TestUserBean/home
  d) Define in web.xml as follows

          <ejb-local-ref>
               <ejb-ref-name>TestUser</ejb-ref-name>
               <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
               <local-home>com.test.TestUserHome</local-home>
               com.test.TestUserLocal
        </ejb-local-ref>

          and in jboss-web.xml
                 <ejb-local-ref>
                       <ejb-ref-name>TestUser</ejb-ref-name>
                        <local-jndi-name>TestUserBean/localhome</local-jndi-name>
                 </ejb-local-ref>

   e) TestUserHome.class.getName();

  Please suggest me how to lookup LocalHome. I am using jboss-4.2.2.GA

Thank you,
Gupta.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4125356#4125356

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4125356