[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - "reminder" tasks

memius do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 2 05:21:50 EDT 2008

What is best practice to implement small 'reminder' tasks ?

I will explain.
At my current project it is possible that a user enters some data, is interupted by some higher priority task and afterwards needs to continue entering that data.
Or ...  the user needs a reminder that tells him he still needs to send that email he started once (or that letter, ...)

At this moment, there is an existing 'workflow' component (home written, non standard implementation), that will be replaced with jBPM.

So .. we ask ourselves how we can fix this reminder issue in a neat way.
At this moment these tasks are included in a workflow.  Meaning that it is kind of a workflow with one task (benefits are that you can see that task in a task list without much effort).

But how should this be done ? Do you actually need a workflow or is there a better way ?  And if a workflow is the best solution, how should it be done with jBPM ?

I am pretty sure that this kind of functionality is in lots of applications.  So ... there might be some best practice for this kind of stuff ...

Thx in advance.
Dieter.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4161980#4161980

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4161980