[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Update Multiple record to the database on one request.

c0upal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 5 10:50:43 EDT 2008

How do I make multiple records from a RichFaces table component, synchronized to the database.

I have an Eclipse Jboss Seam Project (EAR).

when I generate Entities from the table, the wizard generataes a MyTableEntityList.xhtml, MyTable bean, MyTableList.java, and MyTableHome.java.

Now I edited MyTableEntityList.xhtml so that all of the columns on the table has a Rich Inplace Input(new in RichFaces 3.2).
I am implementing a page allows for updates of multiple records on one Database table only.

What I did was on the MytableList.java, i included a method called save()and binded it to command button.  The method gets calls getResultsList().
I assumed that when I get the resultsList, the framework will pick up the changes  made on the Rich Inplace Inputs? (is this correct?)

I then get the results to a List object and iterated it and cast it to a MyTableHome object.
And then I issued a MyTableHome.update() method.

Nothing happens. No error was on the screen. Checked the db, no update was made.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4162643#4162643

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4162643