[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Controlling the quartz scheduler from EJB with the quartz RA

henk53 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 5 16:07:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

In this topic (http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=135323) I read the following:

anonymous wrote : For the inbound adapter there is an interaction from EIS to AS , the messages are utilized by the endpoints which are of type MDB . Quartz is of this type , it is basically the inbound type adapter .

I wonder, if quartz is only an inbound type adapter, does this mean it's impossible to programmatically create new jobs/triggers or to query the quartz scheduler for the currently scheduled jobs?

In regular quartz, I can do something like this:

  | SchedulerFactory factory =  (SchedulerFactory)servletContext.getAttribute(QuartzInitializerListener.QUARTZ_FACTORY_KEY);
  | Scheduler scheduler = factory.getScheduler();
  | for ( String jobGroupName : scheduler.getJobGroupNames() ) {
  |    // ...
  | }

If I needed such kinds of interactions from my code to quartz from within an EJB bean, how would I go about doing that using the quartz RA?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4162649#4162649

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4162649