[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - unable to execute a simple workflow

ashishc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 7 00:26:07 EDT 2008

Hi All,
I am newbie to jBPM/JBoss and I created a simple workflow, but when i transition from the task-node to node to invoke an action class, i am getting an error

error: [Delegation], could not instantiate delegation class, "com.sample.action.MessageActionHandler".

Can anyone please provide your expert comments?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

  | <process-definition  xmlns="urn:jbpm.org:jpdl-3.2"  name="http-demo-process">
  |
  | 	<swimlane name="initiator">
  | 	<assignment actor-id="manager" />
  | 	</swimlane>
  | 	<start-state name="start-state1">
  | 		<task swimlane="initiator" />
  | 		<transition to="task-node1"></transition>
  | 	</start-state>
  |
  | 	<node name="node1">
  | 		<action class="com.sample.action.MessageActionHandler">
  | 			<message>Sending Message</message>
  | 		</action>
  | 		<transition to="join1"></transition>
  | 	</node>
  |
  | 	<task-node name="task-node1">
  | 		<task swimlane="initiator" />
  | 		<transition to="node1"></transition>
  | 	</task-node>
  |
  | 	<join name="join1">
  | 		<transition to="end-state1"></transition>
  | 	</join>
  |
  | 	<end-state name="end-state1"></end-state>
  |
  | </process-definition>

and here is the message action handler class

package com.sample.action;

  | import org.jbpm.graph.def.ActionHandler;
  | import org.jbpm.graph.exe.ExecutionContext;
  | import org.apache.commons.logging.Log;
  | import org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory;
  |

  | public class MessageActionHandler implements ActionHandler {
  |
  | 	Log log = LogFactory.getLog(this.getClass());
  | 	private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
  |
  | 	/**
  | 	 * The message member gets its value from the configuration in the
  | 	 * process definition. The value is injected directly by the engine.
  | 	 */
  | 	String message;
  |
  | 	/**
  | 	 * A message process variable is assigned the value of the message
  | 	 * member. The process variable is created if it doesn't exist yet.
  | 	 */
  | 	public void execute(ExecutionContext context) throws Exception {
  | 		log.info("Inside execute: ");
  | 		context.getContextInstance().setVariable("message", message);
  | 		log.info("Printing message received: " + message);
  |
  | 	}
  |
  | }

Please advise as this is very confusing to me

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4162695#4162695

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4162695