[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Base class as parameter of WebMethode and generated WSDL

okr2004 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 8 04:20:04 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,
i'm building a webservice with an ejb3 stateless session bean depolyed on JBoss 4.2.2, something like this:

  | @Stateless
  | @WebService
  | @SOAPBinding(style = SOAPBinding.Style.RPC)
  | public class Calculator implements CalculatorRemote
  | {
  |     @WebMethod
  |     public int test3(int value, DataItem dataItem)
  |     {
  | 	// TODO Auto-generated method stub
  | 	return value+dataItem.getValue();
  |     }
  | }

DataItem is the base class for the class SpecialDataItem.

My problem is, that the generated WSDL doesn't contain the type definition for the derived class SpecialDataItem, only the definition for DataItem.

How can i get this? Any ideas?

Thanks for your help...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4163011#4163011

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4163011