[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Remote-Lookup over HTTP fails with mod_jk

twiedenmann do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 8 04:29:19 EDT 2008

Hello,

i am using the JBoss Remoting to access JBoss over HTTP from a swing client.
Got the whole thing working by the tutorial http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Accessing_EJB3s_over_HTTP_HTTPS

This works fine while I access the JBoss directly at 8080 - even through a firewall.

But now i wanted to add an Apache in front of the JBoss routing requests from port 80 to a Jboss on a remote machine at 8080.
I set up mod_jk, which works fine for a WebApp on the same Jboss (JSF) -
but the JNDI lookup from the swing client fails with a connection timeout.

Does anyone have a infrastructure like this set up & running ?
Any hints ?

Timo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4163013#4163013

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4163013