[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Jboss persistence architecture pluggable?

moksha2007 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 9 06:37:30 EDT 2008

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes:

I was wondering if Jboss allows a different implementation of the DatabaseManager? Why? I want to explore and possibly implement a different way of dealing with transactions using a native XML-database using Jboss. So, instead of a datasource poiting towards a SQL database, I want the setup to be a datasource for an XML database and use the J2EE database transactions transparently. Perhaps this is possible already, but then I'd like to know what actions or configuration I need todo in order to achieve this. If no such thing exists I could implement it myself, but then again, I do not cover the scope of impact at this point. At the moment I tell myself it would be an implementation of a set of interfaces, but is that all or is there more?

The basic reason is that I want to make use of the JBoss application server, so my application would be scalable and robust, instead of an architecture where I deal with database transactions from web-tier. I want to delegate this towards the transaction manager already in place inside Jboss.

Feedback on this topic is highly appreciated, thanks in advance,
Mike Ahlers

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4163252#4163252

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4163252