[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Getting session in JSF backing bean

sumeet.singh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 9 07:05:20 EDT 2008

hi guys,
i want to create httpSession object in the my backing bean...
HttpSession httpSession = (HttpSession)FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getSession(true);

but the above line gives an error:
ClassCastException: com.sun.faces.portlet.PortletSessionWrapper

then i cast the above to PortletSession but still my problem is to get httpSession object

but according to the previous posts, how can i get httpSession from portalContext...
can you please send the exact syntax???

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4163259#4163259

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4163259