[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - does this design make sense?

twiceknightly do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 9 11:56:29 EDT 2008

My app is set up as a stateless session bean calling jbpm.  So within the enerprise bean I open the hibernate session, do my jbpm goodness and then save and close the hibernate session.

I have a process definition with multiple tokens each signalling on different part of the process graph.  The child tokens live for the life of the process i.e. there is no join.

I was thinking that to stop classic concurrency problems like lost update problem I thought I might be able to use a special task for the purpose of locking i.e. use it as a lock.  I could put something in the ejb, so before it performs the signal on one of the tokens (or whatever) , it has to acquire the lock (special task) for this process.

Do you think this makes sense?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4163338#4163338

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4163338