[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - deploying shared jars in jboss5

roshan_ail do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 9 14:14:34 EDT 2008

I originally posted this on the jboss5 forum at
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=138718

They recommended that I post it here.

So here is a recap of my problem

anonymous wrote :
  | Here is how I have my project setup.
  | These are all maven 2 projects so dependency management is done automatically.
  |
  | I have a few projects that get compiled into jars which contains common functions.
  | e.g. common.jar (Utility methods)
  |
  | I have a web app which depends on common, spring and a few other libs.
  |
  | My .m2/settings.xml file has a jboss.home variable defined.
  |
  | my webapp's pom file is set to create a lean war basically I don't want to include any of the dependent libs into the web-inf/lib folder.
  | When I run mvn package on the webapp it copies all the dependencies
  | into the JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/common-libs folder.
  |
  | This setup works fine in 4.2.2.
  | After getting 5.0 CR1, I changed the jboss.home variable in my settings.xml and jusr reran the maven scripts.
  |
  | I start up jboss and I get these errrors.
  |

  |   | 4:43:30,927 INFO  [TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/semwebapp, vfsUrl=semwebapp.war
  |   | 4:43:30,960 WARN  [TomcatInjectionContainer] could not find servlet class
  |   |                        org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet
  |   |                 in classpath when processing annotations.
  |   | 4:43:30,977 WARN  [TomcatInjectionContainer] could not find servlet class
  |   |                        org.directwebremoting.servlet.DwrServlet
  |   |                 in classpath when processing annotations.
  |   | 4:43:31,034 WARN  [TomcatInjectionContainer] could not find servlet class
  |   |                        org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet
  |   |                 in classpath when processing annotations.
  |   | 4:43:31,050 WARN  [TomcatInjectionContainer] could not find servlet class
  |   |                        org.directwebremoting.servlet.DwrServlet
  |   |                 in classpath when processing annotations.
  |   | 4:43:31,086 INFO  [[/semwebapp]] Marking servlet springDispatcher as unavailable
  |   | 4:43:31,093 ERROR [[/semwebapp]] Servlet /semwebapp threw load() exception
  |   | ava.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
  |   |                        org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet
  |   |
  |   |        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
  |   |        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
  |   |        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
  |   |        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
  |   |        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
  |   |        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.TomcatInjectionContainer.newInstance(TomcatInjectionContainer
  |   | .java:162)
  |   |        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1006)
  |   |        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:950)
  |   |        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:4074)
  |   |        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4384)
> [...]
  |   |
  |   |

I would appreciate it if somebody could help me with this.

The recommendation is to put the jars into the JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib folder.
I specifically didn't do this cos I wanted the libraries used my application to stay separated from the libraries that come standard with jboss.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4163380#4163380

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4163380