[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Can you Inject Local EJB from separate ear file?

jfrankman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 11 11:15:39 EDT 2008

"Have you configured your applications for classloader scoping (using jboss-app.xml)? "

According to the wiki I thought all I had to do was to turn on the callByValue setting in the jboss-service.xml. Do I also need to make the suggested changes to the jboss-app.xml?

Can you provide more details about the packaging of both your application? Specifically, is that NexusEventDefinition interface (and other bean interfaces) packaged in both the EARs?

NexusEventDefinition is a POJO with and @Entity annotation. The method on my session bean returns this pojo. I do not have an interface for it. Should I create an interface and modify the Session bean to return the interface instead of the class?

The packaging is as follows.
1. I have two ear projects: NexusEvents.ear and KeyB.ear.
2. I have a message driven bean in the KeyB.ear that I want to be able to call a session bean deployed in the NexusEvents.ear to return an instance of NexusEventDefinition.
3. I have exported the session bean interface and the NexusEventDefinition class out of my NexusEvents project into a jar named nexusevents.jar and have deployed it with the KeyB.ear.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4163899#4163899

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4163899