[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: Slight problem still regarding the fix for bug JBAS-1489

beefcaaaake do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 11 11:50:35 EDT 2008

Well Adrian, that is exactly what I did. When I initialize queue, I register for exception callbacks...

  | conn = qcf.createQueueConnection();
  | // Register for exception callbacks
  | conn.setExceptionListener(new ExceptionListenerImpl());
  | session = conn.createQueueSession(false, QueueSession.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

I got the idea from here...

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/JMSConnectionExceptionListener

Looks pretty straight forward. So after implementing the exception listener and redeploying, I still get the failure below.

  | 10:42:08,781 WARN  [Connection] Connection failure, use javax.jms.Connection.setExceptionListener() to handle this error
  |  and reconnect
  | org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: No pong received; - nested throwable: (java.io.IOException: ping timeout.)
  |         at org.jboss.mq.Connection$PingTask.run(Connection.java:1313)
  |         at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.ClockDaemon$RunLoop.run(ClockDaemon.java:364)
  |         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
  | Caused by: java.io.IOException: ping timeout.
  |         ... 3 more

Interesting this is that I have added logging to the callback implementation and none of it shows up on the console. This tells me that the call back isn't being called.

Am I doing something wrong? It all started when I lost network connectivity for a few seconds. Also, my jboss instance is bound to the ip address of the machine it is running on, instead of the localhost default.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4163906#4163906

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4163906