[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: How to start building a new portlet?

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 11 13:13:03 EDT 2008

The book JBoss in Action (http://www.manning.com/jamae) contains two chapters in JBoss Portal. The first is a tutorial on developing a portlet using JSPs. (Sorry, but I did not have enough space to cover JSF/Struts/Seam/Wicket/Tapestry/Grails/your-favorite-framework-here). The second chapter goes into portal administration topics, and ends with constructing a custom portal (my JBossWorld presentation was based on this).

Another book, which is older but free, I also found helpful was http://www.manning.com/hepper/. It doesn't use JBoss Portal, but the information on writing porltets is decent.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4163935#4163935

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4163935