[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Sporadic failure to commit

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 14 17:20:05 EDT 2008

"ydzsidemiik" wrote : The FD limit is an interesting thought; it hadn't occurred to me. I will try raising it. If that doesn't work, I will try the database login module, and then moving the application to a different server.

  | Do either of you by any chance know under what circumstances JBM returns XA_RETRY on prepare to the TM?
  |
  | Your help is much appreciated. Many thanks.

Why you don't just change the login-config to use a Database?

Regarding your question about XA_RETRY, the only reference to XA_RETRY I could find at our SVN Branch is during some security exception, what would make sense for you to change your configs from file to database:
anonymous wrote :

  | from:
  |
  | http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/messaging/branches/Branch_Stable/src/main/org/jboss/jms/tx/ResourceManager.java
  |

  |    private void sendTransactionXA(TransactionRequest request, ConnectionDelegate connection)
  |   |       throws XAException
  |   |    {
  |   |       try
  |   |       {
  |   |          connection.sendTransaction(request, false);
  |   |       }
  |   |       catch (JMSSecurityException security)
  |   |       {
  |   |          MessagingXAException xaEx = new MessagingXAException(XAException.XA_RBROLLBACK, "A security exception happend!", security);
  |   |          log.error(xaEx, xaEx);
  |   |          throw xaEx;
  |   |       }
  |   |       catch (Throwable t)
  |   |       {
  |   |          //Catch anything else
  |   |
  |   |          //We assume that any error is recoverable - and the recovery manager should retry again
  |   |          //either after the network connection has been repaired (if that was the problem), or
  |   |          //the server has been fixed.
  |   |
  |   |          //(In some cases it will not be possible to fix so the user will have to manually resolve the tx)
  |   |
  |   |          //Therefore we throw XA_RETRY
  |   |          //Note we DO NOT throw XAER_RMFAIL or XAER_RMERR since both if these will cause the Arjuna
  |   |          //tx mgr NOT to retry and the transaction will have to be resolve manually.
  |   |
  |   |          throw new MessagingXAException(XAException.XA_RETRY, "A Throwable was caught in sending the transaction", t);
  |   |       }
  |   |    }
  |   |

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4164332#4164332