[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: the best way for this kind of assignment?

clandestino_bgd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 14 19:43:07 EDT 2008

Hi, here is the answer (to my own question):
1. In task-node (on node-enter event) I create N task instances for particular task (inside ActionHandler). A task belongs to the swimlane, which has assignment handler that sets pooled actors.
2. User lists all pooled tasks, takes first found and sets his username as actorId for that task instance.
3. On task-assign event, I am calling ActionHandler, which invokes Web Service asynchronously.
4. When WS makes a callback, I have method which starts task instance and makes it available for external user.

The task node snippet:

  | <task-node name="annotate" create-tasks="false">
  |   <event type="node-enter">
  |        <action name="createAnnotationTasksActionHandler"
  |          class="org.springmodules.workflow.jbpm31.JbpmHandlerProxy"
  |          config-type="bean">
  |            <targetBean>createAnnotationTasksActionHandler</targetBean>
  |        </action>
  |   </event>
  |   <event type="task-assign">
  |        <action name="gasActionHandler"
  |          class="org.springmodules.workflow.jbpm31.JbpmHandlerProxy"
  |          config-type="bean">
  |        </action>
  |   </event>
  |
  |   <task description="Annotate Document" swimlane="annotator"></task>
  |   <transition to="join1"></transition>
  | </task-node>

best,
Milan