[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Performance Tuning for Jboss Messaging

bfach do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 16 10:53:08 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am running Jboss4.2.2.GA with 1.4.0.SP3.

I have 2 MDBs running.  The first MDB accepts the message from a remote client, determines which queue it needs to go to and sends it to the appropriate queue.  The second MDB prepares it and sends it to a third party monitoring software.

The issue i am having is that the second MDB requires much more resources than the first.  I am trying to tweek the performance to give the second MDB more resources and speed up processing.

So far i have two properties "maxPoolSize" and "maxSessions"

The performance tuning notes for messaging are a bit thin.  I am looking for a rule of thumb on these parameters as well as others I might have not mentioned.

The goal is to increase performance for the second MDB.  I have tried a variation of the parameters with varried results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4164771#4164771

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4164771