[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Error in shutdown using jboss_init_redhat.sh

thalupula do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 18 09:41:33 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm getting below error when i run shutdown command to shutdown my remote server(redhat). Starting of server is working fine.  I want restart my server because i found a oom error in log ( 2008-07-17 23:38:18,134 ERROR [STDERR] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space).

/opt/jboss-4.2.2.GA/bin/jboss_init_redhat.sh stop

Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to retrieve stub from server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.io.EOFException]]
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1562)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:634)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:627)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
        at org.jboss.Shutdown.main(Shutdown.java:214)
Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to retrieve stub from server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.io.EOFException]
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:268)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1533)
        ... 4 more
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.peekByte(ObjectInputStream.java:2498)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1273)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:348)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:256)
        ... 5 more

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ravi Thalupula