[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Best use of Jboss Cache Implementation

LORDs_diakonos do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 18 13:47:53 EDT 2008

I am migrating our app from OSCache to Jboss Cache.

In OSCache we had a singleton CacheAdmin interface with methods for put, get remove etc... It would stick all the objects in a single cache.  The put method signature looks like
put(String key, Object content, String[] groups);

You can then flush based on group, key etc...

So I have 2 questions.

1. Is having a singlton Cache in jboss cache where all objects get cached ok? or is this bad practice?

2. Can I use the FQN's to accomplish what the groups did? actually what would the best way to do this be is what I am asking.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4165397#4165397

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4165397