[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: question about DownCacheSize

ataylor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 19 02:08:29 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote :  so if I set DeliveryMode=Persistent, the DownCacheSize which does the batch paging is not useful any more, since it gets saved to database right away, is it correct?

Wellnot exactly, all messages will actually go in to the down cache however only non persistent messages will get paged to the database.

anonymous wrote :  why is AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE =slow ? I can't think of a reason

With AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE the client will acknowledge every single message on receive. With DUPS_OK for instance the client is allowed to ack the message lazile making it quicker.

anonymous wrote :  2.0 is still in alpha, it looks good from the benchmark stats, when will it be released? after jboss 5.0? another 6 month?

We'll probably have a release available towards the end of the year.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4165466#4165466

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4165466