[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - remote user in portlet and servlet

wgorka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 21 04:00:50 EDT 2008

I have eneterprise application with structure like that:

my-application.ear

	   web-app.war

	   some-other.jar

	   META-INF(with files: application.xml,  jboss-app.xml)

jboss-app.xml contains following content

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<jboss-app>
   <security-domain>java:jaas/portal</security-domain>
</jboss-app>

In web-app.war in WEB-INF directory there is a file jboss-web.xml with following content

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<jboss-web>
   <security-domain>java:jaas/portal</security-domain>
</jboss-web>

In web-app.war I defined both portlet and servlet. Portlet use servlet to generate some content. I checked that both portlet and servlet get the same session Id.
But there is a problem to get information about remote user. When I log into portal, in portlet I get remote user (request.getRemoteUser()) but in servlet I get null.

What I did wrong, or what should I add to my configuration to have possibility to get remote user in both servlet and portlet? I use Jboss-Portal 2.6.3.GA.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4165583#4165583

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4165583