[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Requset character encoding problem

Leevoth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 21 11:16:32 EDT 2008

User submit a post HTML form with setted "Windows-1257" encoding. Form action is setted to servlet witch "lives" in JBOSS application server as application part. In this servlet  I can't get national symbols when i call getParameter method. Even if i set manual character encoding on getParameter method like:

  String parameter = new String(new String( request.getParameter("param1").getBytes(), "cp1257").getBytes(), 'utf-8') ,

my parameter was without national symbols.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4165674#4165674

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4165674