[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JBM thread leak?

TheOverlord do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 22 01:32:07 EDT 2008

I'm using JBM 1.4.0.SP3_CP03 to send messages.

The messages are produced on clustered JBoss AS from a stateless session bean which uses a clustered queue residing on the clustered servers.

The destination for the messaged are remote MDBs on external non-clustered JBoss AS.

The MDB reply with a response using a replyTo queue pattern.

After sending many messages, I'm unable to send any messages at all - it all gets stuck and the only way I know how to get it working again is to restart the servers.

I was looking at the JMX console on the clustered servers and I noticed all these threads that look like this:

  |     java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
  |     java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:474)
  |     EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.LinkedQueue.take(LinkedQueue.java:122)
  |     EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.QueuedExecutor$RunLoop.run(QueuedExecutor.java:83)
  |     java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

There was no less than 100 of these threads shown in the JMX console when it all got stuck.

Does that look normal?

It looks highly suspicious to me.

Why is it creating so many of these threads?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4165783#4165783

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4165783