[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: JBoss OutOfMemoryError - Help needed regarding Heap Size

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 23 12:27:48 EDT 2008

What operating system, are you using? I will assume Windows, and that it is 32-bit. In that case, you can only allocate around a 1.5GB heap.

Also, what kind of OOME are you getting? See http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/OutOfMemoryExceptions for suggested fixes.

Based on your description, I am guessing that it is not a permgen space problem (those usually happen when you redeploy an app). In which case you probably have a memory leak somewhere in your application. You might want to monitor heap usage. See my presentation at http://www.cecmg.de/doc/tagung_2007/agenda07/24-mai/2b3-peter-johnson/index.html for some suggestions.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166207#4166207

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166207