[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JMS Benchmark

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 23 15:09:53 EDT 2008

One thing I didn't understand on Matt's Brasier article was the relevance he put on Opening a connection.

All the benchmarks I have ever delt with (including Specj, SpecJMS) don't mind about setup and ramp up times, only considering time after all the classes are loaded, everything is established and steady. (Defined as steady state on those benchmark's documentations).

The concept of measure connection time is broken IMO. The benchmark still favorable to us... but Mr. Brasier should consider only steady state against any provider he chooses from. (I'm saying that with an independent point of view from JBoss Messaging).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166237#4166237

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166237