[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - couldn't parse jbpm configuration from resource...

ashishc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 23 15:17:46 EDT 2008

Hi All,
I am new to jbpm and running into an issue.
I create a JBPM project in eclipse and deployed it ...i am running jbpm server from /opt/jbpm-jdpl-3.2.3/server/bin

Now when i go to http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console, i can kick off the workflow....so far so good....

Now I wrote a java class to invoke the workflow, and the class is at /home/ashish/InvokeWF/ and here is the source code for that....

  | import java.io.FileInputStream;
  | import org.jbpm.graph.def.ProcessDefinition;
  | import org.jbpm.graph.exe.ProcessInstance;
  |
  | public class Main {
  |     public static void main(String[] args) {
  |         try{
  |         testSimpleProcess();
  |         }
  |         catch(Exception ex)
  |         {
  |             System.out.println(ex.getMessage());
  |         }
  |     }
  |
  |     public static void testSimpleProcess() throws Exception {
  |         FileInputStream inputFS = new FileInputStream("/home/ashish/Workflow/SubmitWF/trunk/bin/submit-process/processdefinition.xml");
  |
  | 	ProcessDefinition processDefinition = ProcessDefinition.parseXmlInputStream(inputFS);
  | 	ProcessInstance instance = new ProcessInstance(processDefinition);
  | 	instance.signal();
  |     }
  | }

When I run this class its giving me
couldn't parse jbpm configuration from resource 'jbpm.cfg.xml'

Can anyone tell me how to set the classpath and what all directories/jar files to include in the classpath and how so that i can invoke the workflow from a java class....

Please help....

thanks
ashish

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166240#4166240