[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Expiring empty cache regions

fatefree do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 23 15:21:24 EDT 2008

I have a very dynamic cache, we cache mq requests by a region and a subregion. There are a finite amount of possible subregions numbering in the thousands, and each element placed in the subregion expires after 30 minutes. I was just concerned because if for example all of the elements in a subregion have expired, the subregion node itself will sit there forever.

I know one option is to have the subregion expire as well, but I don't want the elements inside to expire before their 30 minutes are up so i dont think thats an option. Do you think this is a potential memory concern having these empty nodes sit around?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166242#4166242

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166242