[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Principal lost from my custom LoginModule

hedinant do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 24 03:34:12 EDT 2008

Hi all.

I want to ask if this a bug, or how to work aroud this.

I implemented a custom LoginModule extending UsernamePasswordLoginModule

I created my own(smart) instance of principal
public class User extends VersionedEntity implements Principal {

and instantiated it in login.

    public boolean login() throws LoginException {
        User user = getIPersistanceRef().findUserByLoginPass(name, password);
        identity = user;
        return true;
}

So i think i will get this object calling

(User) session.getCallerPrincipal()

in my EJB.

But realy i get an instance of SimplePrincipal (containing my users login).

Are there any way to get (transfer) my principal implementation from LoginModule to my EJB?

Is the scenario a bug? Have i to report it?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166327#4166327

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166327