[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - EAR depency and redeployment

vberetti do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 24 05:26:13 EDT 2008

Hi,
I have deployment problem on jboss-4.0.5.

here is my deployement architecture :
in the deploy directory :
   A.ear
    |- A-lib.jar
    |- A.ejb

    B.ear
    |- B-lib.jar
    |- B.ejb

A.ear and B.ear use the same loader repository configured in jboss-app.xml.
B.ejb has a depends configuration in jboss.xml on A.ear jmx name. This is because B.ejb uses classes from A-lib.jar.
On server start, B.ejb is not available until A.ear (and so A-lib.jar) is deployed. This is fine.
But when I redeploy A.ear with a new version of A-lib.jar, I'd like B.ejb to use this new A-lib.jar classes. But it doesn't and throws a NullPointerException. Why B.ejb can not manage to use the use version of this class available in this loader repository.
Thanks,
Vincent

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166352#4166352

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166352