[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: JBoss OutOfMemoryError - Help needed regarding Heap Size

JKV do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 24 08:09:55 EDT 2008

Thanks Peter. That was a great post! I am looking on to your presentation and checking to see if I can optimize my GC. BTW I am using Window XP as my platform, and is there a relation between the operating system word length and the maximum heap size that can be allocated?? Do we have any statistical relation for it?

If I consider my OS to be 32 bit then I should be allowed to set a Maximum heap size 1.5GB which is 1536m (to be in multiples of 512m). If thats the case I am getting error for this statement

Xms1536m -Xmx1536m.
Press any key to continue . . .

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166393#4166393

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166393