[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Trying to increase performance, doesn't seem to be CPU o

jamicide do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 24 17:11:47 EDT 2008

Hi Peter, thanks for the response.

I ran several samples using the method you outlined, summing the GC times from that one column.

Typically the GC took about 2% of the total running time of the test. For example, my latest test ran for 75 seconds, and the garbage collector ran for ~1.5 seconds of that time.

The memory settings I am using are:

-Xms3072m -Xmx3072m -XX:NewSize=1024m -XX:MaxNewSize=1024m -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000

This seemed like fairly good results to me - what do you think?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166515#4166515

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166515