[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Task Node Question - How to end blocking tasks

steve.j.hall@tektronix.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 25 13:50:12 EDT 2008

I could use some help with how to end or close blocking tasks in a task node.  Here is my scenario:

I an able to successfully move a token through the nodes in my workflow using the processinstance.signal method.  The process has 4 nodes named START, R, S, END.   Node R is a task node.  A simple test of the work flow works fine. I can move the token through the work flow using the signal method as shown in the examples.

After this initial test, I added a single task to the R task node.  The new task is named AssignMacAddress.   AssignMacAddress is blocking and signalling.  I can see that the process moves through the AssignMacAddress task and calls methods for the assignment and controller classes I have associated to it.

Now when I attempt to signal to move from node r to node s, I get  java.lang.IllegalStateException: task-node 'R' still has blocking tasks.

My question is how do I end or close the blocking AssignMacAddress task so that the process is able to move from node r to s without throwing the error?  I have tried a number of approaches, none of them work.

Thanks in advance.
Steve

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166733#4166733

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166733