[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: sending Streams using POJOS

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 25 15:00:14 EDT 2008

Hi Greg,

First of all, thank you for your interest in Remoting.

The fact is that the 2.x family of Remoting releases is reaching the end of its development life.  The next major Remoting release should be 3.0.0.GA, and it's quite likely that there will never be a 2.4.1.

The good news is that Remoting 3 will support a flexible and symmetric streaming model.

We're now directing all of our resources to Remoting 3, so I can't really offer the possibility of diverting time to Remoting 2.

Of course, we would certainly consider the possibility of accepting contributions, if you have the development resources.  By the way, you might want to check out the "remoting streams" thread in the "Design of JBoss Remoting, Unified Invokers" forum at http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4101558#4101558.

I hope we won't lose you as a Remoting user, but, well, reality is formidable.

-Ron

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166741#4166741

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166741