[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Indefinite hangs on Socket reads using secure bisocket

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 25 15:29:41 EDT 2008

Hi Zach,

anonymous wrote :
  | I tried setting the timeout parameter to something other than 0, like 10000, and when attempting to start up JBoss I get an error that the config does not appear to be correct and the service isn't deployed.

What was the message?

anonymous wrote :
  | ... is there a way to push down some kind of reasonable timeout all the way down the stack so that we fail more quickly and retry again? Only occasionally does the socket eventually timeout, but even then its about 20 minutes later. Usually it hangs 'forever'.
  |
  | Heres my remoting config, the only thing different about it other than being straight out of one of the examples is adding of a callback timeout to 30000( 30 seconds ).

Note that the "timeout" parameter is global, in the sense that it applies throughout  Remoting, client and server.  The "callbackTimeout" parameter overrides "timeout", but it only applies to the operation of sending messages from the server to a consumer.  Given that your problem is related to a transaction, I'm just guessing that "callbackTimeout" isn't relevent.  Note also that the JBossMessaging team is rather committed to a "timeout" value of 0.

Zach, I can help you with the Remoting aspects of the problem, but the JBossMessaging guys would have a better understanding of the big picture.  The forum for JBossMessaging users is at http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=238.

-Ron

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166747#4166747

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166747