[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - notification on remote server

thitoh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 28 18:01:32 EDT 2008

Hello, every body!!!
I have two windows servers... Each server is running 2 instances of jboss as service.

http://firstserver:8080
http://firstserver:8180
http://secondserver:8080
http://secondserver:8180

on firstserver:8080, I have a webapplication that receves notifications of jboss mbeans, like subdeployers of maindeploy.
But only local notifications is working... I tryed to add remote notifications (firstserver:8180, secondserver:8080 and secondserver:8180), but I didn't have sucess...
What I have to do, to an application that is runing in firstserver:8080 receves notifications of things that occurs on other instances of jboss? (one in the same server: firstserver:8180, and others in remote instances secondserver:8080, secondserver:8180).

I have sucess on the same instance that my webapplication is running, putting this code in my webapplication:

NotificationListener notif = new NotificationListener(){
	public void handleNotification(Notification notification, Object handback) {
		//so something in my application; show a message
	}
};
List list = MBeanServerFactory.findMBeanServer(null);
MBeanServer server = (MBeanServer)list.iterator().next();
ObjectName name = new ObjectName("jboss.web:service=WebServer");
server.addNotificationListener(name, notif, null, null);

It's working! I used mbean jboss.web:service=WebServer, than, when I deploy .war, a message appers in my application. But only if the deploy happens in the same jboss instance that my application is running. How do I do it to work in the others instances, including the remotes instances?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4167187#4167187

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4167187