[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: Stress Tests

lovelyliatroim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 29 07:21:53 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote :
  | The 3.0.0 Alpha release completely eliminates the problem (when using the MVCC locking mode). Perhaps you want to give that a try?

Unfortunately my time line wont allow for that.

Seeing what I would say is a strange result.

When I run the tests with 10 reading threads and 10 writing threads in parallel it is quicker when i just run the test with with 10 writing threads,alot quicker!!

	 Test Case  Duration  No of Read Clients  No of Write/Update Threads  No of Reads  No of Updates/Writes  Throughput Reads (sec)  Throughput Updates/Writes(sec)  Isolation Level  Comments
	 Reading and Writing  30 Mins  10  10  2,940,466  3,046,956  1633.56/sec  1692.70/sec  READ_UNCOMMITTED  Heap size in between 300MB and 450MB range during processing. 0% error on both reading and writing.
	 Writing  30 mins  -  10  -  1,200,578  -  666.98/sec  READ_UNCOMMITTED  Reran this test just to see if the first one was just bad luck.38% error reported during run. Heap size between 300-400MB during run. Interesting to see that reading and writing performs better than just writing alone.

Any idea why this would be??

Thanks,
LL

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4167293#4167293