[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Signed security provider jar inquiry

Shiroyanagi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 29 11:34:23 EDT 2008

I am implementing a custom handler (GenericSOAPHandler) which uses the JSafeJCE cryptography provider.

The JSafeJCE jar is signed, and it performs a self-integrity check when one attempts to access any of its contents.

The self-integrity check is failing in my service, which is generally the result of the signature being broken (for example, if I modified the contents of the jar, this would occur):

11:13:40,999 ERROR [[TestService]] Servlet.service() for servlet TestService thr
ew exception
java.lang.SecurityException: JsafeJCE provider self-integrity check failed
        at com.rsa.jsafe.provider.JsafeJCE.(Unknown Source)

If I run my JBossWS client within the context of eclipse, however, there are no issues. By this, I mean that I am inserting my custom handler into the HandlerChain within my client (as opposed to setting the @HandlerChain annotation in the deployed service), so the libraries are being referenced from my classpath, and not from JBoss' lib directory.

I have no idea why the self-integrity check fails in the first case--is it possible that JBoss is somehow modifying/unsigning the JSafe jar?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4167369#4167369

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4167369