[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Trying to access RemoteEJBs through firewall

HerQpapa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 30 06:25:20 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am using JBoss portal 2.6.2.GA with JBoss [Trinity] 4.2.1.GA. I have problem connecting to RemoteEJB through a firewall.
My descriptor:

  | <mbean code="org.jboss.naming.NamingService"
  |       name="jboss:service=Naming"
  |       xmbean-dd="resource:xmdesc/NamingService-xmbean.xml">
  |       <attribute name="CallByValue">false</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="Port">1099</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="BindAddress">${jboss.bind.address}</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="RmiPort">1098</attribute>
  |    </mbean>

which is working fine until the communication is delegated to a random port between 26000 and 48000.

I was trying to achieve something that is possible with plain RMI where I can explicitly set the port for communication through the UnicastRemoteObject(port).

Is there any way that I can set the port for the remote EJBs explicitly? I tried to search the forums but did not find much on this subject.

Thanks in advance!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4167567#4167567

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4167567