[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - IPs and URLs logging in JBoss

dgenkin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 30 15:27:45 EDT 2008

Hi,

This is my first post and I am new with JBoss, so I am sorry in advance, if this is not a correct section for this post.

We have recently switched from Oracle AS to JBoss AS.  All our app servers are in a cluster in a load balancer.
When we were using Oracle and Apache http for all incoming requests, I was able to configure the load balancer to pass original IP (X-Forwarded-For) to Apache http to log client's IP and configured Apache to log a URL client is calling.

After we switched to JBoss we are not using http for incoming requests anymore. I am still passing the x-forwarded-for from the load balancer, but all the requests from the load balancer are now bypassing Apache and going directly into JBoss. Apache is used only by JVM for redirecting internal requests to get static resources. So Apache cannot be used to log client's IP or URL.

So the question is: Is there a way to configure JBoss (maybe through log4j?) to log incoming IPs and URls and if yes, then how?

Thank you very much in advance.

Daniel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4167725#4167725

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4167725