[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - When to use a portal?

dinoguy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 31 07:03:24 EDT 2008

Hi,
I have an existing webapp, which is essentially a frontend to a cms application.
We have requests from integrators to visually customize the webapp and the ability to integrate their own components into this webapp.
To achieve these integration scenarios we are evaluating the portal based approach vis a vis rolling out our own custom solution for integration that could consist of JavaScript and XML integration strategy.
Is this an optimum impetus for converting a plain webapp to a set of portlets and allow the partners to plug in their own complonents alongwith. Also keeping in mind that we are not aggregating content from various sources.
Kind regards.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4167871#4167871

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4167871