[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - TopLink on JBoss: Cannot create toplink session

henkie.maritz@iits do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 31 22:04:40 EDT 2008

I'm stuck and please need help on this.
I've used JDeveloper 10.1.3.3 to develop an app using TopLink. It works fine with the embedded OC4J.
When deploying it on JBoss 4.2.2 I get the following error:

Cannot acquire data source [jdbc/MYDBDS]
javax.naming.InvalidNameException: Not a compound name: jdbc/MYDBDS
oracle.toplink.jndi.JNDIConnector.connect(JNDIConnector.java:100)

Here is the code that tries to establish the connection:
    loader = new XMLSessionConfigLoader("META-INF/sessions.xml");
    mgr = SessionManager.getManager();
    session = (DatabaseSession)mgr.getSession(
                   loader,
                   "default",
                   Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader());

Here is the session.xml file extract:

 jdbc/MYDBDS
 <platform-class>oracle.toplink.platform.database.MySQL4Platform</platform-class>

Here is the mysql-dq.xml (JBoss DS def) extract:

  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>MYDBDS</jndi-name>

I have tried various combinations of changing the toplink session and JBoss data source:
java:comp/env/jdbc/MYDBDS
comp/env/jdbc/MYDBDS
env/jdbc/MYDBDS
jdbc/MYDBDS
MYDBDS

I have also tried the solution described in this discussion:
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=1056712
It works getting by the JNDI lookup issue, but then I hit another error (can't get the session to load descriptors from a specific xml).

Please help me.

Henkie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4168056#4168056

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4168056