[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Remote cluster ejb access

mancinis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 2 17:31:30 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've a ear application deployed in a jboss cluster with two nodes, the application contains some stateless session beans.

I wish to call this ejbs from another ear application deployed in another jboss cluster and from an application deployed
in a standalone jboss instance (using the 'all' configuration).
My  problem is how to configure the remote references in the jboss.xml files.
Usually (without any cluster involved) I use a configuration like this

            <ejb-name>ABean</ejb-name>
            <jndi-name>ejb/ABean</jndi-name>
            <ejb-ref>
                <ejb-ref-name>ejb/LucyServicesBeanRemote</ejb-ref-name>
                <jndi-name>jnp://remotehost1:1099/ejb/LucyServicesBean</jndi-name>
            </ejb-ref>

With this configuration all works fine but I wish to use HAJNDI to benefit of the cluster features.
I've tried something like following:

            <ejb-name>ABean</ejb-name>
            <jndi-name>ejb/ABean</jndi-name>
            <ejb-ref>
                <ejb-ref-name>ejb/LucyServicesBeanRemote</ejb-ref-name>
                <jndi-name>jnp://remotehost1:1100/ejb/LucyServicesBean</jndi-name>
            </ejb-ref>

and

            <ejb-name>ABean</ejb-name>
            <jndi-name>ejb/ABean</jndi-name>
            <ejb-ref>
                <ejb-ref-name>ejb/LucyServicesBeanRemote</ejb-ref-name>
                <jndi-name>ejb/LucyServicesBean</jndi-name>
            </ejb-ref>

modifying the jndi.properties to include

java.naming.provider.url=remotehost1:1100,remotehost2:1100

but with no success, I always have the exception NameNotBound, any ideas ?

Thanks

Stefano Mancini
mancinis at computer.org

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4155163#4155163