[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: parametrizing

mircea.markus do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 4 07:59:57 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : "attributes" of node?
each node has an associated Map<K,V> of objects. This are attributes of the node.
anonymous wrote :
  | "attributes" of cache?
  | "attributes" of the cache factory?
The cache and cache factory is parametrized with the same type as the attribute map, there are only two parameters used in all Cache api - K,V, and in all cases they refer to the type of node's attributes
anonymous wrote : 2)
  | I do not understand at all, why you chose Node as a controlled unit of work(configurable evictions on node level, not on level of node's entries in map(node.put(...))), suppose I created a node to save a Map of objects, if I manage eviction by maxNodes=10, but I have this 1 node, I will never reach max, but map of objects in Node will grow and at the end will go out of memory. So Why Node is last controllable limit, why not amount of objects in node's map?

This was brought into discussion in past. You can use only one element pet node and achieve the same effect. The idea of having an eviction based on the number of attributes in a node/region sounds interesting, though at a second thought it might be achieved by using only one attribute per node.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4155650#4155650

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4155650