[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Is Portal 2.6.5 available to download from source?

iamnew2jboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 4 16:59:29 EDT 2008

Thanks Prabhat.

However, I'm confused when you say, "I don't think it is supported yet".

I'm refering to: http://www.jboss.org/files/portletcontainer/docs/2.0.0.CR2/pdf/User_Guide_(en-US).pdf

If you look at the section: "1. Downloading and installing", the first para says:
"Two bundled versions are provided to showcase JBoss Portlet Container
in action with minimum effort. Theses bundles each include a servlet
container configured with the Simple Portal demonstration portal along
with some JSR-286 compliant portlets. You will need to have Java 5
configured on your machine to run the demonstration portal. You can
download Java 5 at http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp
[http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp]. Once you
have Java installed, you are ready to download one of JBoss Portlet
Container bundles. The following link has the list of downloads for JBoss
Portlet Container: http://labs.jboss.com/portal/portletcontainer/download
[http://labs.jboss.com/portletcontainer/download]. Two bundles are currently
provided: one with Tomcat 6.0.16 and one with JBoss Application Server 4.2.2.GA."

Question # 1: Doesn't it mean that 2.6.5 supports JSR286? Or I'm totally misinterpreting it?

Question # 2: The para also says - "Two bundled versions are provided...". Does that mean these are the only 2 options available to get the Portal 2.6.5 (JSR 286) downloadables?

Thanks again for all the help.
-Add

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4155810#4155810

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4155810