[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Anybody managed to integrate Spring with JBPM ?

francis1970 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 9 09:54:09 EDT 2008

Dear all,
I have a BPM application based on JBoss + JBPM 3.2. I'd like to know if it's possible to inject an Action Class to another Class using Spring.

Here's the case:

  | <state name="TIMEOUT">
  |     <event type="node-enter">
  |           <action class="jbpm.action.ProcedureExecutor"/>                 </event>
  |       <transition name="" to="P_CONF_MAN"></transition>
  |    </state>

When ProcedureExecutor is fired, then I'd like to use Spring to decide which DAO class needs to be invoked

  | public class ProcedureExecutor implements ActionHandler
  | private String procedureName;
  |
  | public void execute(ExecutionContext arg0) throws Exception {
  |      this.procedureName = "MyProcedure";
  |
  |      Resource  res = new  ClassPathResource("applicationContext.xml");
  |
  |      BeanFactory  factory = new  XmlBeanFactory(res);
  |
  |      // Here invoked DAO(ProcedureExecutor)
  |      BaseDAO bean1 = (BaseDAO)factory.getBean("BaseDAO");
  |

  |      bean1.execute();
  | }

I have configured my spring file so that an instance of ProcedureExecutor is passed to DAO

  |  <bean id="ProcedureExecutor"
  |         class="jbpm.action.ProcedureExecutor">
  |  </bean>
  |

  |   <bean id="BaseDAO"
  |         class="jbpm.dao.BaseDAO">
  |         <constructor-arg><ref bean="ProcedureExecutor"/></constructor-arg>
  |
  |     </bean>

The problem is that when an instance of ProcedureExecutor is passed to DAO, it's not passed the same instance of ProcedureExecutor I have in memory, so the property "procedureName" is null.

I guess the problem is that ProcedureExecutor was instantiated by the container and not by myself ?

Does anybody know if it's possible to use Spring to inject a JBPM Action class  ?

Hope I was clear....
Thanks a lot
Francesco

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4156700#4156700