[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Multiple Principal not working - JBoss 4.2.1

jbosexplorer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 10 10:03:01 EDT 2008

Hi There,

I'm using JBoss 4.2.1 and doing LDAP Authentication (j_security_check) in my web application. I've the following snippet in web.xml

    <security-role>
  |     <role-name>Admin_View</role-name>
  |     </security-role>
  | <security-role>
  |     <role-name>AdminStandard</role-name>
  |     </security-role>...
and, the following in jboss-web.xml.
     <security-role>
  | 	    <role-name>Admin_View</role-name>
  |         <principal-name>AdminStandard</principal-name>
  |         <principal-name>AdminAuthoriser</principal-name>
  |         <principal-name>AdminSuperUser</principal-name>
  |     </security-role>

In my java code, I'm doing the following for a user in AdminStandard group in LDAP,

if(this.getRequest().isUserInRole("Admin_View"))
  |         {
  |            forward = "adminsuccess";
  |         }

it's not going thru' the loop. when I debugged, the condn returns false. any idea why?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157025#4157025

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4157025