[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - running an app within jboss (like a daemon)

Roy shankar.roy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 15:57:20 EDT 2008

It you want to start the class automatically
Define a SAR module inside the ear.

Inside the jboss.xml define

<jboss-app>
 <!--
 	Declare the SAR file which defines the MBean.
 	This MBean is used to run startup and shutdown procedures for the
your application.
 -->
 <module>
  <service>service.sar</service>
 </module>
 </jboss-app>

your sar module needs to have a jboss-service.xml inside the META-INF dir

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
	This file registers the management interface MBean with JBoss 4.0.
-->

<server>
   <mbean code="com.xyz.Application"      name=":service=Application">
   </mbean>
</server>

Hope this helps.

Roy.