[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: New application brewing, need some advice

johncarl81 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 11 11:58:41 EDT 2008

All right,

So, I've finally took the plunge and started the application.  I have a pretty cool data structure that holds my various user profile attributes based on the hibernate Map<Entity, Entity> capability.  I chose this route because our user application from is ALWAYS changing from management, outside influences, new apps coming online, etc.

To handle this user form during the process, I was thinking about just referencing a new hibernated entity and then merging into the 'finished' application forms at the end of the process.  The trick here is I want each of the nodes to access the form in different ways.  So, does it sound appropriate to implement a custom node that can deal with the permissions on the attribute data map?  I can see an alternative to this would be to use the standard node types and simply merge the process variables into a new application form at the end of the process.

Also, another thing I was wondering about, is there a way to 'cancel' or draw back tasks associated with a given node or process?  This would be useful if the user cancels the workflow.

Thanks again... let me know if I need to clarify anything.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157435#4157435

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4157435