[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Transactions Question: Subsequent calls the method fail

lpmon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 12 12:27:50 EDT 2008

Thanks for the input. I have never heard that you must use the proxy in this scenario.  I have seen this statement (from JBoss trailbalzer):

"In EJB 3.0 applications, transaction properties are most frequently declared for methods in session beans. If a method requires transaction, all operations in the method, including database updates, are only committed after the method exits normally."

If it is true that a proxy based call is required then it would be very important to include that in or near the above paragraph. Where is this documented? I would like to read up on this.  I expect that reading has other useful info.

I made a change to use the proxy call and I still get the same exact result!

In other words I now, in a non SLSB class, lookup the interface and make a call in a loop.  The called method has @TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRES_NEW) .

FYI: If I call it passing a series of valid SQL all statements execute okay.  I have some scenarios where some sql statements in a list will error (long story).  I need to ignore those and  continue.

I am guessing there is something else I need to do (like .. reset the em, whatever that means ) when the error occurs  but I am not sure what.  The fact that the same em is used between calls is probably the root cause.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157751#4157751

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4157751